The Skies May Change.

Skies of Abbotsford

British Columbia Skies, you silly woman! You are quite indecisive aren’t you darling?
One week you decide to wear your white cotton gown and as you bring it out of the closet, all the pearly dust that has gathered throughout the summer falls down and covers us all.
Then the next week you grow quite bored of the white and trade it in for a clear sapphire chiffon robe in which you lounge around during the evenings. The blue must only be paired with a crescent most bright so as not to compete with your beauty, only to enhance it. You choose your accessories most intelligently, my dear.

Did the Universe ask you out again this evening? You are looking most beautiful! Ah, don’t blush! You truly outdid yourself this time. You borrowed Rainbow’s spectrum didn’t you? You wear it well.

Quite vast and endless you are! You stretch out forever. The Sea goes out to meet you at Horizon Corner [I do believe he’s practicing to be as big as you are one day. But Shh, we’ll never tell him how he pales in comparison to you. Let him be ambitious.] The mountains have stopped attempting to brush against your garments and now stand still- stoic. The trees, however, still young and dreaming, strain to reach your hems.

We’ve donned on the blue chiffon again haven’t we?

Keep up the wonderful display of gowns, Dear. I’m loving every minute of it. Especially when you get into the bright Spotlight and the rays seep into every crack in the house, enter sideways through the glass windows and tickle the air causing everything and everyone to smile. Your Spotlight makes me even appreciate dust! It causes the Tyndall effect. And it’s so pretty. Stay happy, Ok? I like you better when you’re experimenting with your gorgeous dresses, than when you are shedding tears over the latest fight you had with Universe.
That is all.

12 thoughts on “The Skies May Change.

1. TangledLou February 8, 2012 / 5:40 am

You are amazing – both with the pictures and with the words. We've been having some just amazingly happy, dressed up skies this week. How can you not revel in it?! I love your reveling.

2. Tiffanie February 8, 2012 / 6:43 am

Larissa, you are getting better and better every day. Your writing is wonderful, and this was a very clever and engaging idea for a post. Beautiful!

3. Michelle February 8, 2012 / 2:41 pm

Beautiful! I loved “rays seep into every crack in the house”….that wonderful sunny moment does make me smile every time!

4. Ann February 8, 2012 / 11:09 pm

I love “Skys of Abbotford” wonderful creative writing!!!

5. Larissa Tenorio February 9, 2012 / 1:55 am

I've been login' all this weather happiness too! Simply beautiful!

6. Larissa Tenorio February 9, 2012 / 1:56 am

*blush* Thanks Tiffanie. It means so much to have you say that.

7. Larissa Tenorio February 9, 2012 / 1:56 am

Yep. My favorite part about the sun. Everything it touches is magically transformed into something beautiful, sparkly and happy!

8. Masked Mom February 10, 2012 / 3:53 am

The words and the pictures gave me chills. Thanks for sharing this.