Not Just The Crust.

All she did was write a post.
She wrote about her favorite exercise. And then she wrote about a different type of exercise, a writing exercise and graciously invited us to join in. Who’s she? TangledLou from Periphery, of course.

We had ten minutes.
Ten lines.
And a couple of rules.

This is what I came up with.
Every cloud has a silver lining.
“Yet,” a voice asks, “what if I want more than silver trickles?
More than pennies and leftover nickels?
What if I want the whole cloud?
It could taste like blackberry popsicles, and I’m missing out!
Maybe I’m not experiencing everything that I could?
No, I’ll take on the whole thing, and I won’t let it lick me;
I’ll take on all it entails, the celery, the strawberries,
The fails, the victories, all that I can be.
I’ll taste it all, experience it all. The whir, the pain, the fun.”

Can you tell I’m hungry? I should try this more often and see if I can come up with something better.
Why don’t you try it too? Link up in the comment section on Periphery’s post or her Facebook Page!

13 thoughts on “Not Just The Crust.

1. TangledLou March 5, 2012 / 7:45 pm

This is fantastic, Larissa! I love how you used the words. It was a tough exercise. I came up with a couple of duds. I have challenged myself to try it again every day for a week. If you don't mind, once I get some more of these, I'll do a big link up post so that everyone can see what everyone came up with! Such fun!

2. Judy March 5, 2012 / 10:33 pm

You and TangledLou are so talented! If I get up the courage, I may try it. But I fear that I will fail big time.

3. TangledLou March 6, 2012 / 1:49 am

Do it, Judy! There is no failing here! Larissa, tell her to do it!

4. Larissa Tenorio March 6, 2012 / 1:51 am

I'd love to be part of a post! I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with!

5. Larissa Tenorio March 6, 2012 / 1:52 am

Do it! Do it! Do it! Aw, come on Judy! If I can do it, so can you!

6. Jewels March 6, 2012 / 3:56 am

Wow. You're quite the poet. That was lovely.

7. Michelle March 6, 2012 / 5:47 am

I love it! I'm going to take this idea to work with me and spend 10 minutes of my lunch giving it a go. I feel inspired!

8. Masked Mom March 7, 2012 / 3:33 pm

This is amazing, Larissa. I just came from Michelle's and hers is great, too. I am trying to figure out if the great job you guys both did with this is encouraging or intimidating or both. 😉

9. Larissa Tenorio March 7, 2012 / 9:37 pm

Ooh! I'm going to read Michelle's now.
    Well, it's encouraging enough so you try it too!

10. Ann March 7, 2012 / 11:00 pm

I love it! I'm a sucker for rhyme!!! Going over to TangledLou to find out more…