Abeyance.

It means being inactive or suspended.

That’s how we were last weekend in Washington. It was raining. (Of course. I did mention we were in the Seattle area right?)

So, while everybody read, because I couldn’t keep my mind on anything anymore, I took out the camera and shot things.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Martin Luther King, Jr.”

A wandering bookmark with a special message.

Close up of an ol’ tired pooch.

Footsies of the Readers.

The Reader’s and their Reads.
I was white. A long time ago. Before the rain. Before the sun. Before my life.
Every exit..is an entry somewhere else.
Every end..is the beginning of another something.

Have a kid, they come with cute stuffed animals that gather dust and aggravate your allergies.

I ate a lot.

“The soul becomes dyed, with the colors of its thoughts.”
-Marcus Aurelius

And time stood still.
Abeyance.

17 thoughts on “Abeyance.

1. TangledLou March 16, 2012 / 1:24 am

Love your photos and captions as usual. We really did have some dreadful weather this last weekend, didn't we?
    Also, I love the book your dad is reading in that fabulous shot.

2. cdnkaro March 16, 2012 / 1:32 pm

Stories told with photos are wonderful! I love these little glimpses into your life:) The fact that you also come up with the perfect caption for each shot is just icing on the cake! Mmmm….cake….

3. Missy | Literal Mom March 16, 2012 / 1:46 pm

I love how you told a story through these pics. Great visual and phrasing to go with it. Glad to meet you through SITS!

4. Jewels March 16, 2012 / 5:02 pm

Great pictures, as always. I love the thought of laying in bed reading on a rainy day. (We have those same cups!)

5. Larissa Tenorio March 16, 2012 / 6:05 pm

Thank you :D.
    And that book, from the few passages he read to me, sounds awesome.
    I heard a few of Yancey's talks on Youtube. The guy's pretty good!

6. Larissa Tenorio March 16, 2012 / 6:06 pm

Thanks Kathy! Taking time to photograph is always rewarding. (:

7. Larissa Tenorio March 16, 2012 / 6:07 pm

Thanks so much Missy, and thanks for passing by!
    It was wonderful to meet you through SITS, your feature day was brilliant! (:

8. Larissa Tenorio March 16, 2012 / 6:07 pm

I love those Ikea cups. We use them when kids are over, or when on trips. They're so easy to carry!
    Thanks Jewels!

9. Ann March 16, 2012 / 9:28 pm

Great post! That is neat you get to travel as much as you do. Great photos and I especially love the MLK quote.

10. Larissa Tenorio March 16, 2012 / 10:15 pm

Thanks Ann! I enjoy traveling. I just we (I) could have enjoyed it a bit more, and not worried so much.

11. cdnkaro March 17, 2012 / 1:19 am

I'll try to remember to take a picture of Gentle Giant's bday cake tomorrow…I have grand ideas (for me= slightly more than just plain boring)

12. Tiffanie March 19, 2012 / 6:11 am

You are getting more and more creative with your camera all the time, LT! I REALLY love the photos of your family's feet and reading materials. Your brother's book put a smile on my face. 🙂

13. Masked Mom March 21, 2012 / 1:44 pm

Both your eye and your camera are incredible. I love the richness of the photos you post–the colors and depth–it's almost like they're 3-D sometimes. Keep it up!

14. Larissa Tenorio March 21, 2012 / 6:16 pm

He loves Animal Ark. And I think it's great because I did too. So we have that series in common. They're great reads…

And thank you, I'm so glad you enjoyed the photos.