Before I bury myself in the world of Mark Twain’s The Innocent’s Abroad (I cannot believe how long it is taking me to finish that book. I want to give it the full attention it deserves, not just skimming), I will leave you with another installment of Thumbs Up. Thumbs Down.
- Eleven more days. Eleven more days! You know how when you want to eat something, and “there’s nothing to eat” in the fridge, but you keep checking back every five seconds anyways, just in case elves magically appeared and restocked your fridge with precisely what you wanted? That’s how I am. Checking the SAT college board website all day.
- Wonderful Brazilian friends who post photos of their ridiculously good looking tans. (It’s summer there now.) I’m quite quite jealous.
- Ants. They have slowly, but surely made themselves free rent tenants. I didn’t mind them too much. They left our food and clothes alone. They left us alone, simply creeping from corner to corner. Until last night, I was minding my own business, and an ant bit my foot. Bit me! I wasn’t even suspecting it! The cruel little thing. Then it ran away, and left me gawking. Dish it out but they can’t take it. I feel they must go now. No matter how much I hate the idea of poison in the house.
- Finding a hatbox with an original Andy Worhol print. (Wind Blew Her Hair sequel anyone?)
- Eleven hours of sleep. Pure joy.
- The freedom that comes after finishing a Chemistry test. Bliss.
- Having a wonderfully long book list that I will probably never finish.
- Having access to one of the best inventions in the world. A public library.
- Knowing that no matter how much time I spend reading, I will never read all the books out there. Ever. That’s comforting in a way.
- Isn’t it?
Anywho, it’s past curfew (so please excuse the not so cleverness.) Good night, y’all.