Mill Lake for Labor Day.

Ok so it’s been almost a week. But last Sunday we went to Mill Lake for a picnic. I think Mill Lake is probably the place I have most photographed in my life. But I can’t help it, going there without a camera just seems wrong.

After our picnic we went around the lake.. . . It was nice to go out to the park for the last couple of times before it gets too chilly and the geese leave and the trees go bare. ..

I honestly never knew nor thought that the grass would get so dry and brown here in Abbotsford. Here. Abbotsford. The place that rain never ceases to fall! Guess it did this year…

The kid’s shoes .. scooters …

Throughout the park there are a couple of tree stumps that have been cut to form seats… I do believe that’s very practical. .. (:

Please take a good look at the photo above … a good long look….
Hope last weekend was lovely for you too, and that this weekend is even better. (:

19 thoughts on “Mill Lake for Labor Day.

1. Marianne September 8, 2012 / 5:19 am

Seriously. Your pictures are like mini-vacations. The sun sparkling on the water is my favorite.

2. Winnie September 8, 2012 / 2:04 pm

Such lovely pictures.That sailboat all twinkling in the rays of the sun just tugged at my heart. Love it. I think it is great that the stumps have been made into chairs. How practical! Thanks for sharing. Those mountains are so lovely. I love that the pet is in the carriage and the little one is walking! So fun.

3. Michelle September 8, 2012 / 3:18 pm

Beautiful pictures! I didn't know I thought ducks were so cute until I looked at your pictures.

4. TangledLou September 8, 2012 / 11:17 pm

Ah, just what I needed to fill up my head right now. Thank you.
    I love the way cats rest their eyes in the sun, it's an expression halfway between exasperation and relief. You captured that so perfectly. No small feat considering cats are so haughty about being photographed.
    I just love it all. (Especially your mom's expression in the dog/child mix-up picture!)

5. Larissa T. September 9, 2012 / 10:23 pm

Thank you for taking it with me, Kathy!

6. Larissa T. September 9, 2012 / 10:24 pm

Thanks Michelle. From the ducks as well. (:

7. Larissa T. September 9, 2012 / 10:26 pm

This was a stray that was walking around the docks unsure of whether he wanted to be petted or left alone. I wasn't sure either. . .so I photographed him instead.

8. Molly Jo September 10, 2012 / 3:38 pm

What a relaxing day, it looks like! Great photos, Larissa. It's so inviting, and peaceful.

9. Ann September 11, 2012 / 11:58 pm

I love the geese on the log, and the log seating, and the pretty girl on the log seat, and the sparkles in the boat photo, and beautiful Mama, and doggy getting a ride, and the amazing mountain!!!

10. Sleepy Joe September 12, 2012 / 9:48 pm

Fab pictures as always! I love the stump seats (I want one!)