Pau Hana?

Again linking up with Tania for “Just Another Photo Challenge“.

Do you know what Pau Hana means? Tania explains it as quitting time” as in after work. Wanna know what I did this week after work (school work for me)? I traveled. Wanna know why? Because of work. Our parents are both on a business trip in Virginia so Victor and I came along because homeschooling is flexible like that.
 We left Abbotsford at 2:30 a.m. Pacific Time and drove to the Sea-Tac airport. Connection after connection, delayed flight resulting in delayed flight and lots of running .. But finally at two a.m. Eastern Time we were finally at our destination and ready for sleep. So that’s what we did this week .. after work. We traveled across the country. For more work.

What do you do after work, after quitting time?

26 thoughts on “Pau Hana?

1. Marianne September 20, 2012 / 10:21 pm

Hopefully it feels less like work with some in-flight snacks. Great pic!

2. TangledLou September 20, 2012 / 10:28 pm

I eat chips and queso and holler at the TV. Except that I have no “quitting time”, really.
    That is a beautiful photo. At least my work doesn't involve plane travel. Get some rest.

3. Judy September 20, 2012 / 10:47 pm

I wish I could do “homeworking” as in work from home so I could have Pau Hana to be anytime I want it to be! Enjoy your travels, Larissa!

4. a.eye September 20, 2012 / 11:12 pm

How awesome that you have such a flexible schedule to be able to travel! I'm sure there are always “teachable moments” as you are out and about.

Sorry for all the delays, but I hope the trip was enjoyable!

5. Winnie September 21, 2012 / 9:11 am

Love that shot! Virgina is one of my favorite places to visit. I have gone to Colonial Williamsburg 4 times! Hope you have fun while in VA. Glad you and your brother got to go along! After work, I feed hubby and I and run to my stamp room and get inky!

6. lisacng @ expandng.com September 21, 2012 / 2:07 pm

I love how the sun is right at the edge of the wing. Great shot! I'm visiting from MauiShopGirl

7. Ann September 21, 2012 / 2:10 pm

That is a beautiful picture! You get to do a lot of travelling – very cool!

8. anotherjennifer September 21, 2012 / 2:54 pm

Sounds tiring, but I bet you had fun! I love to travel. 🙂

9. Masked Mom September 21, 2012 / 9:07 pm

I never do anything as exciting as jetting about the world. 🙂 In fact, THIS is pretty much what I do after work, most days. 🙂

10. Larissa T. September 22, 2012 / 1:16 am

Thanks TLou. (: And thanks. For making me crave queso again.

11. Larissa T. September 22, 2012 / 1:17 am

Definitely many teachable moments!

It has been so far, a.eye!

12. Larissa T. September 22, 2012 / 1:18 am

I definitely think we will! 😀

Sounds like a great schedule, Winnie. (:

13. Larissa T. September 22, 2012 / 1:18 am

Thanks Ann . (: I have to say I think so too .

14. Larissa T. September 22, 2012 / 1:19 am

I gripe and complain, but it really is fun and I definitely enjoy it!

15. Larissa T. September 22, 2012 / 1:22 am

Oh this is different from what I usually do too!

16. Angelia Sims Hardy September 22, 2012 / 2:52 pm

I'm lucky I get to work from home now. So after work, I chill in my chair. 🙂 But man, look at the sweet view I am missing. Great photo!

17. Jewels September 22, 2012 / 4:32 pm

Since my 'job' is mothering, I never really get a quitting time, except bedtime, and then I try to sleep. I guess I can count date nights with my husband and the rare girls night with my sisters. Those are very satisfying.
    Do you love Virginia? We lived there for a year and simply fell in love with it.

18. Molly Jo September 23, 2012 / 5:50 pm

Lovely photo! I never quit. Or maybe I just never start…

19. Larissa T. September 24, 2012 / 2:04 am

Yep. .. very lovely . (: I have to say I love B.C. more, though…

20. Journey of Life September 25, 2012 / 3:47 pm

It is actually very true. After tiring works, we go on vacation to do more tiring stuff tho exciting and adventurous. It is especially true when the girls were little … between carrying them when they fell asleep and lugging the luggage 🙂

21. Sleepy Joe October 9, 2012 / 11:06 pm

After work….get ready for the next day of work and school runs!! Oh and then I plug in and dream after seeing pictures like that 😉 Keep giving me things to dream about!!