Old House.

Every house has monsters and ghosts in it, you know. So maybe they’re not the ghosts you think of in the conventional sense, but neither are ours. Ghosts of dreams, hopes, expectations … Shadows of fantasies and traces of memories …
 Yesterday I went on a walk on the grounds of the building Daddy’s been working in … the headquarters. I came across this old house; the kids say it’s haunted. I heard they’re going to empty it and tear it down soon, so I took a couple of photos of it while it still stands hoarding all of its debris.
 I could’ve asked for its story .. but reality would have been reasonable and I preferred to let my imagination go wild ….

… it had such a lovely view…
I didn’t get too close because I only like windows when I’m inside and sunlight is pouring in… When I’m outside or when it’s dark, I don’t look in or out windows because something or someone will peer back at me. I’m serious.
Face?
Good-bye old house …
The time has come for you to start anew … tear down the walls, clear out the space inside,
open the windows and let a fresh new world in …
time to begin again …

28 thoughts on “Old House.

1. Judy September 25, 2012 / 7:53 pm

You know, Larissa, that even if you guys tear down the building, the spirits may remain behind 🙂 Great post, and awesome pictures! You have a great imagination – – – or is it your imagination after all??!!

2. Marianne September 26, 2012 / 12:17 am

I love the last picture with your shadow – beautiful!

3. from maggie's farm September 26, 2012 / 12:36 am

Gosh. I would just love to get my hands on that house. All of the memories it must hold.
    Thanks for sharing it!

4. Tara Adams September 26, 2012 / 1:34 pm

What a gorgeous set of photos! It makes em want to go exploring.

5. Magical Mystical MiMi September 26, 2012 / 1:44 pm

I love old houses like this and I too explore them, inside and out.. I like to put a story together of who was there, how many generations must've lived there, what happened, who moved on, why.. Great post. Great pics and new follower. 🙂 Thanks for stopping by my place.

6. Winnie September 26, 2012 / 5:49 pm

I am glad you didn't get too close. Maybe because I live in NYC, but buildings that look empty sometimes aren't. Squatters and other people sometimes need them. I hope this home finds a new birth.

7. Molly Jo September 26, 2012 / 6:32 pm

That makes me sad to think it's being torn down. I just love old buildings. They're so historical. And this one looks like it must have plenty of ghosts!

8. Michelle September 27, 2012 / 1:37 pm

I agree about getting too close. Who knows what is looking out at you. Best case, it's your reflection, worst case, it's a raccoon. Those things are scary!

9. Larissa T. September 27, 2012 / 9:32 pm

Wouldn't it be great? But so much work too!

10. Larissa T. September 27, 2012 / 9:33 pm

Thanks Mimi! (: Glad to have you here!

11. Larissa T. September 27, 2012 / 9:34 pm

Yes! But this one is in our property and kind of close so we knew it really was empty. Still .. can't guarantee there were no … mice. *shudders*

12. Larissa T. September 27, 2012 / 9:34 pm

Well, there comes a time when it has to be done, right?

13. Jewels September 28, 2012 / 11:25 pm

I love old, empty houses. You can just imagine all the memories held in the walls. And, what a view!

That 'face?' picture freaked me out a bit.

14. Masked Mom October 1, 2012 / 11:16 pm

I love these photos and I, too, love old, abandoned houses. They always bring up such intriguing questions. I especially loved the little upstairs windows in this one–it's so easy to imagine someone peaking out at the world. Empty houses always make me think of what dreams were in the minds and hearts of the people who passed through.

15. Larissa T. October 2, 2012 / 1:41 pm

Yes! Exactly what I meant by ghosts, MM. (:

16. MELISASource October 2, 2012 / 4:33 pm

Wow…I'll bet this house could truly tell some stories! It amazes me to see old houses like this: I always think about the history they hold, who lived in them, what went on inside, etc. And you're right: sometimes they can be a little creepy to explore, too! 🙂 ~Thanks so much for sharing!

17. a.eye October 7, 2012 / 3:04 pm

Stories about houses like this are better left to the imagination. I'm sure the truth is not as exciting as what a person can conjure up in their mind.

18. Larissa T. October 8, 2012 / 12:42 am

Loved that you liked. 🙂 Thanks for passing by Melisa!

19. Sleepy Joe October 9, 2012 / 11:02 pm

Agreed your photos certainly made my imagination run wild. Imagine that house in it's hay day 😉

20. Ofelia Bertrand November 19, 2012 / 8:14 pm

The house still looks good and repairable. I wish someone would save it from being demolished. But, I hope it’s not yet too late. Did the authority demolish it already? I hope not. But, why don't they just renovate this and put it on auction instead? I'm sure lots of people would love to see this house personally if it is posted online after the renovation.

21. Larissa T. November 19, 2012 / 8:51 pm

Basically they needed the land. They tore it down and are building something else in its place. It's part of a really large property that is used mainly as a business headquarters, school and dorms, so having outside tenants wasn't really that good of an idea. 🙂 It was full of things and it was rotting inside. They studied their options… tearing it up and using the land was the way to go. 🙂