Humor Me Friday.

Somehow in the summer blogging gets a little messy for me and it goes a little bit different than throughout the other seasons. But now that fall is back, I’m trying to get back into the groove of daily posting and am beginning to remember the things I used to do last year, such as posting short and random little things that made me smile during the week, on Fridays. Fridays are really busy at our house as we keep Saturdays .. as in we go to church and don’t work etc. So Fridays are spent cleaning and cooking and preparing for tomorrow.

So I’ll occasionally post “Humor Me Friday” posts; sometimes the “humor” part might apply to its most common definition, funny, but most often it’ll appeal to it’s second definition:

to comply with the humor or mood of in order to soothe or make content or more agreeable: to humor a child.”

And here’s what’s been making me smile lately whether because it’s silly, or because of it’s brilliancy, or both:

Source
Source
You know?
Source
Source
Source
I spent too much time actually doing that on a piece of paper…
This post by TangledLou.
and
This poem by Denver Butson

Hope y’all have a wonderful weekend! Stay safe ~*
P.S. Don’t forget to link up! The linky party goes ’til Tuesday! 🙂

23 thoughts on “Humor Me Friday.

1. Judy November 9, 2012 / 6:55 pm

Thanks for the smiles today, Larissa!

2. Purple Dreamer November 10, 2012 / 12:51 am

Ok, I'm intrigued. I'm pretty sure I read the book from which the excerpt above came from, but can't place it! BTW – Love the Mary Poppins moment!

3. Ann November 10, 2012 / 1:12 am

So fun! Love nowhere : )

4. Sleepy Joe November 10, 2012 / 11:51 pm

😀 All of this makes me smile, and giggle a little too. I so relate to the extract totally, I am 31 and still feel 18, 16, 10 and 3!!!

5. Larissa T. November 12, 2012 / 1:09 am

Oh! If you remember please please tell! Me too!

6. Larissa T. November 12, 2012 / 1:10 am

That's definitely one of my favorites too! 🙂

7. Larissa T. November 12, 2012 / 1:11 am

Sounds like a fun day, glad I had a part in it… 😀

8. Masked Mom November 12, 2012 / 5:10 am

It's from a short story called “Eleven” by Sandra Cisneros. Google is my best friend. 😉 (PS: A PDF version of the story is the first link that came up. It's very short and very good, in my humble opinion.)

9. Nicole November 13, 2012 / 6:23 am

I giggled the whole way through. And, I too, spent too much time writing that on a piece of paper.

10. Tiffanie November 15, 2012 / 6:29 am

First of all, I love the idea of “keeping” Saturdays. I know it's an old one. We try to do that here, when many of Stella's peers are off enjoying everything the city has to offer, we often times just lock ourselves in for the day, or the whole weekend, as if we live in a forest and there is no where to be but with each other. We balance it with our life outside the home, but if you don't rest on the weekend, when can you?

Also, that Mary Poppins equation is brilliant, will have to show Stella in the morning! 🙂

11. Larissa T. November 16, 2012 / 6:16 am