My palms are sweaty; when I begin to talk I realize I also need to breath and a choking sound is produced instead of a normal person’s speech. That’s my usual reaction to being in the spotlight and receiving things and gifts and .. awards. Which is probably another reason it is terribly wonderful that I get to accept this award from behind a screen and you won’t have to hear me choke. Or see my pajamas and fuzzy socks. I’m pretty sure that’s not proper award receiving attire. But you can’t see me. So you’ll never know. So there.
And for this, I am thankful. I like Tara and her writing and her blog very much, so I will try to not mess up this award’s requirements, which I tend to do with most alarming aptitude.
The Rules :
1. The Nominee of the Wonderful Team Member Readership Award will display the logo on his/her post/page and/or sidebar.
Ok, easy enough. I think I got this so far…
2. Over a period of 7 days (1 week), the Nominee shall nominate a number of readers that he or she appreciates – this can be done at any rate during the week. It can be all on one day or a few on one day and a few on another day, as most convenient to the Nominee.
I promise to do my best to remember.
3. The Nominee shall name his or her Wonderful Team Member Readership Award nominees on a post or on posts during the 7 day (1 week) period.
Ok… I’m going to do that now. P.S. Please feel free to do what you wish with this award. If you haven’t received it yet, but would like to play along, please do so! I nominate YOU!
Now I answer the questions below .. and if you were nominated and/or want to play along, you can answer them too..
1) Why do you blog?
Because we move around quite a bit and leave pieces of us scattered everywhere.. I thought it’d be nice to have a place where everyone anywhere can catch up with us. Also because I fail at scrapbooking so our blog is a place where I keep photos and memories of time periods in our lives. And because I like to challenge myself to write and share what I write .. if that’s what it’s called.
2) If you were trapped on a desert island, what book, DVD, food, cartoon character, and childhood game would you bring?
Bible. Home Videos. Rice + Beans (Did you ever doubt my Brazilianess?) I’m thinking now’s not the perfect time to ask who comes up with these questions? Um… Bug’s Bunny. He’d dig a hole back to civilization. Childhood game? You mean like Cowboys and Indians? or Police and Robbers? … yes that’s what I played as kid in rural Terrell, Texas now stop looking at me like that.
3) Share a funny joke or one-liner.
Did you hear about the hyena who drank a pint of gravy?
He was a laughing stock!
bahaha I know .. I know.. too funny .. (I’m sorry .. I just .. oh nevermind.)
4) What is your favorite thing about yourself?
I trust my instincts.
5) What one word best describes you?
Child. (i.e. vulnerable, indecisive, naive, trusting, bubbly, and somewhat of a brat)
6) If you could have a lifetime supply of any candy/candy bar, what would it be?
Candied pecans. They totally count!
7) What fictional character do you relate to most?
Unfortunately, Catherine Morland.
8) If you were to write the story of your life, what would you call it?
“The Preacher’s Daughter.” …
Uh .. how about I cross that bridge when I get to it.. ?
Phew! That’s it for tonight folks! Hope everyone has fun answering their questions; Thanks again Tara!