Fort Days.

This past summer Victor and the neighbors’ kid made a fort out of a couple of cardboard boxes we had from our move.. and tooth picks, scraps of rope, and lots of glue gunning.
They spent several days building it and then playing with it for weeks with their Lego men…
Now autumn is almost over and between school being back, newspaper routes to be..routed, and the cold settling in, the fort has become a bit derelict and its roof has begun to sag..
I decided I’d document it before its inevitable collapse to the forces of winter weather:
Frosty kept them company throughout the summer..
This fort’s all cool and has computers and desks and techy stuff in the tower.. ’cause towers to hold princesses are like.. “so silly.”
Robo the Robot .. {I named it..*happy dance*}

Military Truck
{There’s probably a more specialized name for this.. But I am clueless.}

Good-bye Fort Days ..
I hope you’ll come back next summer.. reminding me of my old forts .. the ones with a Repunzel named Rebecca who wore ballet slippers and rode a horse off into the sunset to capture Indians .. because yes. because childhood. because Fort Days.

24 thoughts on “Fort Days.

1. Larissa T. December 5, 2012 / 7:31 pm

Oh that day will come soon enough Tiffanie! Hahaha .. She and Oliver will be glue-gunning all over San Fran you just wait and see!

Thank you!

2. Tiffanie December 4, 2012 / 7:47 am

Oh my gosh, this is one of my favorite things ever! I love all the details! I love Victor's comment on your blog…hahahahahaha! I can't wait until Stella is old enough to use a glue gun. Um, yes I can. I can wait. But this is just great, good job Victor!

3. Sleepy Joe November 22, 2012 / 10:04 pm

How fab! Oh to have summer fort days again!!

4. victor November 21, 2012 / 1:44 am

IT WILL NOT FALL!!! -.- And by the way we do not have any girls except for 3 nurses(that carry a bazooka) and this girl soldier that I need to get to go back to being head nurse, they are trained to fight not scream HELP! HELP! HELP! and make my soldier's deaf, that would be annoying. :)O

5. Loki-Lou November 20, 2012 / 9:37 pm

How intricate! That is amazing!

6. Larissa T. November 20, 2012 / 8:51 pm

Well .. we're a video game free house.. 🙂

7. Larissa T. November 20, 2012 / 8:49 pm

They sure did! So was I to tell the truth .. 🙂

8. Larissa T. November 20, 2012 / 8:49 pm

Yes … I do believe you're right. *sigh* Years of engineering ahead of him .. 🙂

9. Judy November 20, 2012 / 5:32 pm

Who needs xbox and ipads and cellphones when you have cardboard and toothpicks?!! Reminds me of the “good old days”!!!!

10. Marianne November 20, 2012 / 4:58 pm

The create minds of the young! Love it! I think more parents should hide the electronics and dole out boxes.

11. Journey of Life November 20, 2012 / 4:37 pm

I am truly impressed. I specially like the *tetchy* stuff and keeping the princesses alike idea. Totally love it!

12. Amber Talmage November 20, 2012 / 3:35 pm

I remember when my sister and I would make stuff like this.. Those days..

13. Kate Nested November 20, 2012 / 2:17 pm

Wow! They built that?! I'm really impressed!

14. Noel Lizotte November 20, 2012 / 1:21 pm

That's amazing! You have an architect and engineer growing up in your house!! There's a lot of detail in this fort!

Hey! What's on your mind?