Everything Happens on Monday.

There was snow on the highway today.
My first class began at 10 a.m. and my last one finished at 5:30 p.m.
I had ten minutes between each.
As soon as I turned onto the campus “driveway” my tire went flat. All flat. Completely flat.
I lack the skills needed to change tires. Both sets of skills. Meaning not only do I not know how to get on my knees and change the dumb tire myself, but I cannot bat my eyelashes or flirt or get coherent sentences to form much less ask a cute guy to help me out. Doesn’t matter. The maintenance man was the sweetest and most genuinely nice person I’ve met on campus so far. I might adopt him as my grandfather. Do I need to run that by him?
It was dark when I left for home.
I couldn’t speed on the highway because of the temporary tire. So I was behind a truck the whole time. Pretty cool.
It was -4º C today and snowing. I don’t care if that’s warm where you come from. I don’t care for it at all.
I had 3 hours of Sociology class today. Quite interesting. What does one do when one has to pee halfway through a class that long?
And there’s more.. but that more is waiting for me to attack it. It’s on the kitchen table. And I’m dreading it while at the same time anticipating it.
Thank God tomorrow’s Tuesday and supposed to be a shorter day.
Things don’t happen on Tuesdays right? ‘Cause everything happens on Monday…?

23 thoughts on “Everything Happens on Monday.

1. Tamara Tipton January 15, 2013 / 1:41 pm

yes, Tuesday will be better!! And we want to hear all about it! I'm sorry about your flat, but glad you got help from your new grandfather 😉

I like your description of him, by the way. A great testimony, something I hope someone might say about me one day. A great thing to aspire to! 🙂

2. Tara Adams January 15, 2013 / 2:32 pm

Nothing ever happens on a Tuesday. You'll be golden.

3. Jewels January 15, 2013 / 4:26 pm

I've had many a flat tire in my life and I have yet to change one myself. My husband has demonstrated it to me, but I still can't do it.

Tuesday is boring.

4. Kate Nested January 15, 2013 / 5:09 pm

Mondays are always the worst. But then you get it out of the way and can move on with your week! I hope that you are settling in and enjoying all of your classes. Here's to a better Tuesday! 🙂

5. Cait January 15, 2013 / 10:22 pm

ugh i know how ya feel about mondays. i hate them too ha. stopping by from the blog hop! your blog is super cute =] cant wait to read more! xo

6. rennata January 16, 2013 / 2:23 am

My most embarrassing helpless female story was when my sister and I had our flat tire changed by a blind man. I feel your pain. I hope the rest of your week is wonderful.

7. Marianne January 16, 2013 / 3:37 am

I've had like 15 lessons on changing a tire, Jewels, and still can't do it.

The nice thing about Chicago? IDOT Minutemen. They show up in nanoseconds and handle everything. Like angels. But with car jacks.

8. Marianne January 16, 2013 / 3:38 am

Always get up to pee. Your professors will understand. You can't learn anything when your bladder is full. There's science involved.

9. Larissa T. January 16, 2013 / 3:40 am

Me too! (: Today was great! Much better… (:

10. Larissa T. January 16, 2013 / 3:41 am

Jewels: Tuesdays are AWESOME! See.. this is why we get married..

Marianne: IDOT? Like AAA? Angels with car jacks… sounds 'bout right!

11. Larissa T. January 16, 2013 / 3:42 am

Yes! That's a great way to look at it! (:

12. Larissa T. January 16, 2013 / 3:43 am

Exactly! Thank you for the confirmation. It's what I did.

13. Winnie January 16, 2013 / 2:32 pm

I hope your Weds is a good one! I can't change a tire, I call AAA and they come to my rescue. I am a danger, so I don't need any help hurting myself with a car! Take care!

14. Ann January 18, 2013 / 12:59 am

Oh no!!! So glad you got help! I don't think I have either of those skills either! Do they have AAA in Canada? A must have if you are going to be driving a lot!

15. Larissa T. January 19, 2013 / 2:58 am

It certainly was better than my Monday! (:

Haha! Yep .. I think it'd be best for me to call AAA too!

16. Larissa T. January 19, 2013 / 2:59 am

Here they have CAA .. we have it but at the moment it only covers the car if my dad is with it.. . 😦

We're probably going to have to change that sometimes soon!

17. Rachel January 19, 2013 / 11:34 pm

Oh man–I hope I have the 2nd set of tire-changing skills (getting a nice strong man to help me) because I sure don't know how to change one myself! Glad you made it home safely–that kind of weather sounds plenty cold to me!

18. Masked Mom January 21, 2013 / 12:23 am

I am well-versed in the mechanics of tire-changing and extremely grateful that I've only ever had to change one tire and that was right in my own driveway. Hope your Tuesday was calmer. 🙂