A Dose of Snarky.

to be read as sarcasm and humor not to be taken seriously. please.

My reaction to it being one month into the semester and suddenly in February there is a flood of lovey-dovey couples walking to and from classes holding hands:Β
P.S. I’m not bitter. Honest.
I had other snarkiness like this in my head today.. but I forgot to write them down. *sigh*
What’ve y’all been up to?
Let me guess. Preparing for Valentine’s Day. *teasing wink*

30 thoughts on “A Dose of Snarky.

1. Sabrina February 5, 2013 / 3:20 am

That's funny, I saw that gif and my first reaction was to relate to her (or you), not thinking that I'm actually part of a couple myself.

Let's just say it's late.

We're not preparing for Valentine's Day. We've never really celebrated Valentine's Day, I think. Maybe we will this year.

2. dbstevens February 5, 2013 / 7:53 am

Lovely dose of snark. All I ever do, all year round, is prepare for Valentine's Day, so you're right. That's what I've been up to. Ready for my heart-shaped boxes of chocolate, people. Right here, please πŸ˜‰

3. Tamara Tipton February 5, 2013 / 4:17 pm

LOL! We don't celebrate Valentine's and if the hubby tried to I would be upset at the cost I'm sure. Still, I admit to that twinge of envy when someone else gets flowers or a gift in my presence! Bring on the snark! πŸ˜‰

4. Judy February 5, 2013 / 4:38 pm

You are so funny! I'm with Tamara — my husband and I don't really celebrate Valentines', mostly because I hate spending the $$. BUT, I also get a little bit envious of those who do. haha. Just can't make me happy, I guess!

5. April February 5, 2013 / 5:12 pm

While I am one of those “couple” people right now it may make you feel better to know me and mine were ready for murder last night. Mostly over laundry. That's love, you Know fighting over who is going to fold the stupid socks.

6. Katie Pilkington February 5, 2013 / 6:00 pm

I never prepare for Valentines Day. But my friends and I used to have Happy Singles Day, where we would buy lots of chocolate, rent movies, go out for a nice dinner with just us girls. I like being married and all, but I do miss Happy Singles Day.

7. Ann February 6, 2013 / 2:07 am

Hhahaha, the snarky happens to the best of us ; ) I remember that! Ugh!

8. Audrey Humaciu February 6, 2013 / 5:07 am

Ah, memories of my college days. I finally got a “real” boyfriend my sophomore year and it turned out his birthday was VALENTINES DAY! Seriously, the most romantic lovey dovey day when every woman yearns to be romanced and it is HIS birthday. He was lucky he was so cute I married him. We probably spent the first 10-15 V-Days at his parents house celebrating his birthday with a heart shaped brownie his mother would always make.

You ain't missin much.

9. akl @livelafelove.com February 6, 2013 / 5:02 pm

In my life, Valentine's day only mattered when I didn't have a special someone. The Man and I don't celebrate – we're just not that lovey dovey.

10. Sleepy Joe February 6, 2013 / 10:12 pm

Snark away, after 16 years we don't celebrate valentines any more….that's a young love game!

11. Larissa T. February 7, 2013 / 3:04 am

You should! I think it's an adorable holiday… for reals.

12. Larissa T. February 7, 2013 / 3:05 am

hahaha.. that's great! Hey.. I'm open to chocolate boxes too! Not picky about the shapes they are either..! haha

13. Larissa T. February 7, 2013 / 3:06 am

For some reason I'm thinking this is why men say they can't understand us.. *shrugs* We're special that way. πŸ˜›

14. Larissa T. February 7, 2013 / 3:07 am

hahaha .. that's what I keep hearing. (:

15. Marianne February 8, 2013 / 2:58 am

Those college romances are a waste of time. Men aren't worthy until they're 30. Just hang on.

16. Marianne February 8, 2013 / 2:59 am

Wait! For the record, I didn't mean you should date a 30 year old! It's not too late to stop you, is it????

Stupid, stupid Marianne.