PolkaDots and Mint.

Every once in a while I may post an outfit post, and you will notice, I shall probably fit into the “Modern Fashion Bloggers”. I wear skirts. Every day. To school. To the grocery store. Everywhere. And I don’t mean mini’s .. I mean down to the “proper” “old-fashioned” “prudish” and occasionally “matronly”.
 Girls that wear skirts, are just as prone to fall into the “jeans (skirt) and sweater” rut. And believe me, if I wore pants, sweats and baggy sweaters would be my all time uniform – which is another reason I’m beyond thankful for always wearing skirts. It gives me that push to dress up every day.
 My first four-day-week of school ended with a total of a compliment each day. Sweatpants and baggy sweaters might not have. Compliments make me feel good. What?! They do! I admit it!
 Every once in a while, I shall document my failures and scores here.  I’m no fashonista and I don’t pretend each of these posts will be all that great, but I put thought into my outfits, so, why not share them with you?!
 To kick this off, here’s a taste of polka-dots, boots, messy hair, and mint.
Skirt – ForeverXXI
Top – Smart Set
Belt – from another top from Urban Behaviour
Boots – Breckelle’s via Burlington
Hair Clip – Shabby Apple
Tights – good ol’ Walmart
Glasses – Firmoo
Yes! Posing in my backyard is awkward, but I hope to get better at it and have some more natural-looking photos in the future! Bear with me? I’ll get there!

37 thoughts on “PolkaDots and Mint.

1. Tamara Tipton February 10, 2013 / 7:59 pm

You have a wonderful sense of style! I am a jeans & t-shirt girl myself, and don't often take the time I should in putting together my wardrobe. You just might inspire me to give it some thought! 😉

BTW, I love the back yard pics!

2. Winnie February 10, 2013 / 9:23 pm

You are just adorable! Love your sense of style. It I love your skirt, I am so short I can't wear long ones as they become gowns. The flower in your hair is a great touch!! Keep being you!

3. Rachel February 10, 2013 / 11:56 pm

You look great! Not matronly at all!

4. Brie February 11, 2013 / 6:02 am

I love the shape of that skirt! I'm going to have to look into it myself…Cute outfit all together!

5. Jewels February 11, 2013 / 3:15 pm

Adorable! I want the entire outfit. And, I think it's great that you wear skirts everyday. I love skirts,though I'll admit I don't wear them as much in the winter. (And, I wear sweats way too much!)

6. Katie Pilkington February 11, 2013 / 4:54 pm

Adorable boots! I LOVE the boots! You've inspired me. I wore a dress to work today!

7. Marianne February 12, 2013 / 6:54 am

I'm not a good person to ask. I wore flannel shirts and jeans for my entire college career. That said, I think you look adorable!

8. Mary Frances February 13, 2013 / 6:53 am

Hey Larissa!!! Cuuuute skirt!!! I discover4ed your blog on Helen's page!!! Its SINGLE'S week on mine so come check it out!!! ClassicMaryMoments.blogspot.com

9. Michelle February 13, 2013 / 2:43 pm

I wear skirts daily too, even when it's not a work day. On vacations, I've been known do a dressing room change in the car, from skirt to capris to go on a hike, then back to my skirt. I find skirts and hiking aren't really buddies! Your outfit is super cute!

10. Sleepy Joe February 14, 2013 / 12:35 am

I have soooo got stuck in the jeans and jumper rut now that is is acceptable to wear such things at work! You look gorgeous, I wish I could look as good you in skirts! That said you have inspired me to at least attempt a little variation!!

11. Larissa T. February 15, 2013 / 12:15 am

Thank you Tamara! 😀 I'm glad I did then. (:

12. Larissa T. February 15, 2013 / 12:17 am

Thanks Winnie.. I'm just 5.5 so lots of long skirts look kind of ridiculous on me, but I wear them anyways.. haha.

13. Larissa T. February 15, 2013 / 12:22 am

haha Polka dots are great! Thanks A.Michelle! (:

14. Larissa T. February 15, 2013 / 12:29 am

Hey Chandra! It wasn't too long ago.. but I think it was last summer…I tried to look for it on Forever21 online, but it's not showing up anymore. 😦

15. Larissa T. February 15, 2013 / 12:30 am

Thank you, Jewels. (:

Wear skirts more often with me! 😀

16. Larissa T. February 15, 2013 / 12:31 am

I LOVE my boots too. SO comfortable! They're all I wear now..haha..

YAY! Dresses ftw!

17. Larissa T. February 15, 2013 / 12:46 am

I LOVE FLANNEL SHIRTS! 😀
    You'll probably see some around here..
    Thanks Marianne!

18. Larissa T. February 15, 2013 / 12:48 am

Skirts ftw! (: I know… trust me.. I've been hiking in a skirt.. not the best … Thanks Michelle! (:

19. Larissa T. February 15, 2013 / 12:50 am

Oh psh.. you look great in skirts.. I just know!

20. Joice February 20, 2013 / 12:07 am

nice boots and skirt!

21. Tiffanie April 1, 2013 / 6:16 am

You're doing a good job with the posing already! I remember your first fashion-y post with the gloves and suitcase near the railroad tracks, it was great. Love these posts!