Social Lilac.

When I first made my Blogger account my screen name was “Social Lilac.” It was a mash-up of ‘social butterfly’ with one of my favorite flowers, lilacs. Dumb, I know, but the point is that lilacs are the most beautiful and wonderful flowers ever.ย
Want proof?
I love the way they smell, I love their delicateness, I love lilacs.ย
What are your favorite flowers?

18 thoughts on “Social Lilac.

1. Rachel May 6, 2013 / 10:46 am

I love lilacs too! We have a huge lilac bush next to our house. It hasn't quite bloomed yet, but I can't wait! Their scent is so pretty!

2. Tamara Tipton May 6, 2013 / 11:55 am

I think that's a fun, creative name! ๐Ÿ™‚
    My favorite flowers are petunias and Gerber daisy's. Mostly because they are pretty tough to kill! I love to play in the dirt but I definitely do not have a green thumb!

3. Jewels May 6, 2013 / 3:51 pm

I love lilacs! My mom gave me a little lilac bush for Mother's Day last year. I can't wait till it gets big enough to bloom! Your pictures are gorgeous as always.

4. Beckey May 6, 2013 / 4:36 pm

Oh, I do too! I just had to compost the ones I had cut to display on the dining room table and it made me so sad to see them all wilted. I love so many flowers – lilacs, tulips, pink lily, coneflowers, peonies.

5. Audrey Humaciu May 7, 2013 / 1:36 am

I have lilac bushes all along my back fence. But California lilacs aren't exactly the same as those beauties you guy get. The flowers are tiny and don't smell quite as overpowering. But I still like them. But I still have to say my favorites are freesias. To me their smell is intoxicating.

6. Kathy May 7, 2013 / 1:09 pm

I love lilacs! My mom and dad had lilacs in their backyard. Every year they would bloom and their fragrance was heavenly. We would pick them and make huge bouquets for all over the house. It made the house smell like spring and I loved them!

Kathy

7. Marianne May 10, 2013 / 4:17 am

Do they make those in purple? I don't know plants, but I think we have a purple one and I LOVE IT! Beautiful pics!

8. Larissa T. May 10, 2013 / 6:23 am

I love that you used “pretty” to describe a scent because I couldn't agree more.

9. Larissa T. May 10, 2013 / 6:24 am

Hahaha I will have to grow cacti because I cannot keep things alive. I'm working on a blog post that will expand on what I mean. ๐Ÿ˜‰

10. Larissa T. May 10, 2013 / 6:25 am

I think you have wonderful taste, Beckey. ๐Ÿ™‚

11. Larissa T. May 10, 2013 / 6:39 am

Oh those are kind of like bushes, right? I can imagine they're still lovely. ๐Ÿ™‚

Freesias too are beautiful! I'm not sure what they smell like.. will have to remember to find one and find out! ๐Ÿ˜€

12. Larissa T. May 10, 2013 / 6:40 am

Oh that's a WONDERFUL idea! We should do that here! Mother brought in just a couple of stems and put them in the living room.. it was divine!

13. Larissa T. May 10, 2013 / 6:41 am

I just googled them, and boy are they BEAUTIFUL!

14. Larissa T. May 10, 2013 / 6:42 am

Yes.. Yes He does! Some are purple, some lilac (hilarious to me), and white… that's as far as I know anyways… Thank you! ๐Ÿ™‚

15. Tiffanie May 19, 2013 / 5:14 am

How lucky are you to have lilacs around! They are available only one week a year here in S.F. but are one of my most favorite flowers. My grandmother had them around her house in the summers and they were amazing!