TidBit Thursday and Growing Pains.

Yesterday was my first day at work. They were hiring folks on the spot next week and I began yesterday. It was a pleasant experience and I’m glad to be doing what I’m doing. 🙂 Today, however, is special because of a certain May baby. The baby of the house turns 12 and tonight the house will be filled with boys who will help us celebrate the Kid’s last birthday as a preteen. I know it’s his birthday and I don’t want to make it about me (but I’m about to do so anyways), yet I feel a mixture of sadness and so much joy. My little child is becoming a man. And next year he becomes a teenager! Worse than that, the same year he enters adolescence, I leave it. Forever. I’ll be 20 next year. I can’t really believe it though. It doesn’t sink in. How do I go about growing up? I’m really not sure. Can’t I just stay here in my room and be 15 for the next couple of years while I figure it out? 20? What does one do when one is 20? Pretty sure you’re supposed to have at least that figured out. Oh wells, today’s about the Kid who has all his life yet to live. Do you remember your 12th birthday?
document.write(”);

BLOG TITLE

BLOG TITLE

7 thoughts on “TidBit Thursday and Growing Pains.

1. TangledLou May 23, 2013 / 4:40 pm

Happy birthday to your little brother. 20 sounds desperately old when you're approaching it, but ridiculously young as you watch it recede behind you. One goes about being 20 the same way one goes about everything – with great gusto and lots of trepidation. 🙂

2. Brandon Ax May 23, 2013 / 4:58 pm

Not sure why but my computer goes crazy when I come to your blog, lol. IT doesn't like to scroll up and down. Congrats on the birthdays, both the little ones and yours to come. So what is this link up thing?

3. Tamara Tipton May 24, 2013 / 2:02 am

Larissa, the linky thingy is missing! That's why Brandon is confused! (Hi Brandon!)

Happy Birthday to the kiddo! I don't remember my 12th birthday at all but I am sure it was a sleep over or a pool party (my birthday is in August). As for 20, nobody really has their life figured out by 20, they just think they do! Life is funny that way. 🙂

Enjoy the party!

4. Larissa T. May 24, 2013 / 3:38 am

Oh no! That's not a good thing. 😦 I wonder why…

Thanks Brandon.

I'm sorry about that, it's a link up where everyone leaves there posts. The link up thing, however, was missing. I've added it now so you can just click on the “Add your link” button and follow the instructions to join the party. 🙂

5. Larissa T. May 24, 2013 / 3:43 am

Thanks for telling me Tamara! I was wondering what was going on. It must have erased the code while I continued writing the post. *sigh* Oh well.. it's fixed now. Thanks again. 🙂

Thank you! And those parties are always the best.. love summer parties. 🙂

6. Ann May 25, 2013 / 12:42 am

You are leaving your teens and your brother is entering them – a milestone for both of you. It is all bittersweet isn't it?