TidBit Thursday.

Do you have pen-pals? Do you still send or receive snail mail? When you do or did… did you ever add anything extra into the envelopes? Recipes, cards, photos, perfume samples, confetti. I’m looking for ideas for an envelope I’m mailing to a friend. So if you have any ideas, please let me know! 😀 Are you working on any projects this summer?
document.write(”); BLOG TITLE

8 thoughts on “TidBit Thursday.

1. TheRealNovelate.com June 27, 2013 / 7:39 pm

glad to have found your blog today! i'm a preacher's daughter and married to a preacher so of course the name caught my attention! can't wait for more posts 🙂

your newest reader
    novelate

2. Sleepy Joe June 27, 2013 / 10:33 pm

I have missed linking up Larissa…hopefully I will be back to blogging regularly again soon 😉 As for snail mail, I still send and receive it but usually they are much more than letters. Usually small packages of joy. Books tend to wing their way to me from friends, or treasured keepsakes. And when I send things, even just cards I put little treats inside. The most recent was a care package of tissues and chocolate, the card enclosed also included a little magnet reminding the recipient how special they are. The trick is to tailor the extra to the person, I'm sure you'll figure is out!

3. Michelle June 27, 2013 / 11:28 pm

Whenever I saw a comic from the newspaper that I thought was funny, I'd clip and save it to add to future letters. My husband said he loved getting something that he knew had made me laugh!

4. Audrey Humaciu June 30, 2013 / 3:31 pm

Michelle, my mom used to do the comic thing all the time! Now she just e-mails me or posts on FB 🙂

Like Sleepy Joe I have missed linking up. June got crazy, I didn't blog as much and guess what, I started to go crazy. could there be a correlation?

Novelate's comment reminds me, I am a preacher's granddaughter. He and grandma packed up my mother (age 8) and moved from Texas to the “territory” of Alaska with neither of them having a job just walking by faith. Of course it all worked out.

As for your question, I agree with the ideas to personalize it. I put in stickers for little kids. Add confetti if I want to annoy their mothers (ugh! the clean up!). Most of the time now I hand the envelope to the 5 year old with some crayons and stickers and let him decorate it. Hope other people chime in the next day or so, I have a little care package I need to put together for a friend commemorating one year since her daughter passed away from cancer (prayers for zoe's family gratefully accepted on their behalf).

5. Larissa T. June 30, 2013 / 7:57 pm

Oh that's wonderful! 😀 I love meeting other preacher's kids. 🙂
    Thanks for coming by, Novelate! 🙂 We're so glad to have you!

6. Larissa T. June 30, 2013 / 7:58 pm

We've missed you, Sleepy Joe! You're right. 🙂 I'll keep trying. Thank you for the suggestions. 😀 Book are a great idea! I'd love to receive those..!

7. Larissa T. June 30, 2013 / 7:59 pm

Oh! That's perfect! I'll look for some. 😀 Thanks Michelle!

8. Larissa T. June 30, 2013 / 8:01 pm

Hahaha, June is a hectic month, I agree.

Oh I'd love to hear more about your grandparents in Alaska! That must have been quite the adventure!

I'll be praying. 🙂 Maybe a card, reminding her that she's still in your prayers? A magazine, an index card with a verse of Scripture?