Skydiving.

Every time we go to Brazil it’s a big hurry to get to visit all (or at least the greater part) of our family. Unfortunately they don’t live all in one city, so we travel from grandparent’s place to the other’s (a 8-9 hour road trip.) On our way back, we try to stop every year to have a family reunion with my mother’s aunts, uncles, cousins and family. They live in a town called Boituva.
     Boituva is well known in the state of São Paulo as the city of skydiving. As you pass the city on the highway, you look up and see tiny specs falling from airplanes up above. As these specs plummet closer to you they open up a lifesaving patch of canvass and the thrilling plummet morphs into an awe-inspiring glide.
This year I stayed down on the ground looking up and photographing. What say you? Let’s jump next year? Would you be brave enough? Have you ever done anything like this?

8 thoughts on “Skydiving.

1. Rachel August 26, 2013 / 10:54 am

I've never, ever had any desire to do something like this. I know, all the people who go have a great time….but it doesn't sound like fun to me!

2. Kassie August 27, 2013 / 12:18 am

I would definitely not be brave enough 🙂 But I think it's great! Are you planning on doing it next year?

3. Audrey Humaciu August 27, 2013 / 9:15 pm

Funny story from a friend that went with his brother in law to watch some jump practice at the local Air Force base. One guy landed on a bench way out of target range on his first jump. On the second jump he landed on a car. The car owned by my friends brother in law, a full bird Air Force Colonel (translation, big military muckety muck). I wonder if the poor kid considered a new carreer after that, or was at least sent back for more training.

4. Marianne August 28, 2013 / 4:51 am

I just threw up from fear at LOOKING at these pics. Don't do it! You're too cute and young to get smooshed like a bug. Love, Mom

5. Larissa T. August 29, 2013 / 4:48 am

Most definitely not! Haha I'm too scared!

6. Larissa T. August 29, 2013 / 4:48 am

Oh WOW! I would think he'd not go up after the first landing! :O haha..